Tuesday 11 October 2011

Cheesecake for Macmillan Coffee Morning

I made a cheesecake last week for our office coffee morning in aid of Macmillan - we did raise nearly £300 but I didn't win. Perhaps too lemon-y?

Anyway I have now got over the pain of losing, and can bring myself to blog about it. It's a Jamie Oliver recipe (aaah, a pattern is emerging) from the Ministry of Food book. This book is great - there are some things that seem quite simple in there, but it's great for ideas. In fact, my brother text me about the Chilli Con Carne over the weekend - "it's amazing! Just make sure you've got a massive saucepan".

So the cheesecake. It's not baked, but very easy. The recipe isn't online, but if you want it, leave a comment below. It says to use 1 lemon, 1 orange and some vanilla essence, but I love lemon cheesecake so I went with three lemons. I would recommend including the vanilla as it tastes better I think. I would also say that it could have more of the filling - it doesn't look that deep, but that would make it a lot richer.

Back to the drawing board with this one...
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment